Living in a society that teaches separation and disconnection among beings (be that human, animal, vegetal or even mineral -since everything is energy, right?-) it becomes essential to find our way back to connection. If we agree that we are all spiritual beings having a human experience we’ll understand that we are not separated. We come from the same place and we share the same essence, therefore there’s no way we can be more connected.
But we need to pull back the curtains that we put between our true selves and other people true selves.
That’s why I wanted to post today this TEDTalk presentation with Rodolfo Young, recognized internationally as a teacher, speaker, author and healer, on the topic of being present and connecting with your true self and others.
The presentation had some awe-inspiring moments, sometimes in the art of simple examples that lit up some light in my head (or soul?)
He starts talking about the different layers we have, from which we connect:
- The mask (the way we present ourselves to the world) = Body
- The story (who you see and tell yourself who you are) = Mind
- The essence (where all expression comes up) = Soul
Rodolfo then explains that when “we hold ourselves in that place of authentic expression, in absolute presence, we are just there, we start to vibrate in a certain way that attracts the same authenticity from other people.”
And through a metaphor of the rain he gives a ‘secret’ on…
…how to be in authentic connection:
- Let it rain, put your umbrella down, because it washes away what was there (letting go of the ego)
- Express yourself, go wild, allow that rain to move you
- Go to other people and step underneath their umbrella. Be there absolutely enjoying their presence, who they are, their essence. Go there with gratitude not with an agenda to change them
After telling some other examples and a story about Buddha he finishes with:
“If you go out into the world and you show your authentic self, your beauty, who you really are through your smile (with your mouth, eyes and every gesture) you’ll invite others to do the same and we can change the world.”
Let me finish with this question for you:
How are you going to express yourself, go wild and allow the rain to move you? (You can share it in the comments section below to get a deeper level of commitment)