Last night I watched a very inspiring video and I knew I had to post it and talk about it here. So, this morning I watched the video again to take some notes and to get inspired for the day, and hopefully longer than just a day.
This very entertaining talk by Kamal Ravikant (author of Love yourself like your life depends on it) at Awesomeness Fest is a very nice (but weird) combination of Love and Entrepreneurship. If you are an entrepreneur, you’ll love this talk. But if you are not, I think you’ll love it too, because it’s just so full of inspiring moments and wisdom on why self-love is really what truly matters in life, that you will want to take notes to think about them afterwards.
Being Kamal such a successful entrepreneur, he shares that “the most transformative experience has been the simple act of loving myself.”
This is a very honest 20-minute talk about how a highly successful entrepreneur and investor was forced to re-evaluate his life.
I’ll write down my notes and quotes from Kamal here so that you can put your whole attention to his message and come back for these notes later:
– “If something scares me, there’s magic on the other side.” (something in the line of ‘feel the fear and do it anyway’)
– “Find 1 thing that speaks to you, that feels right and make it your own. Commit to it!” (whatever it is: health, fitness, grattitude, entrepreneurship, mom-at-home, loving yourself…) “Half of the work is writing it down and placing it somewhere you can see it everyday. The other half is: you’ve got to do the work, commit to it.”
– “What if this is Heaven? If this is Heaven, I can have, do and be whatever I want.” (Joanna’s story)
– “The attitude of successful people: Life happens FOR me, not TO me.”
– “If you want to be fit (or fill in the blank), do not surround yourself with other people who want to be fit, but with people who are insanely fit. If you surround yourself with entrepreneurs you’ll become one. Surround yourself with the very best.”
– “Write a vow in your journal: ‘I’m going to love myself.’ Commit to it. Go all in, love yourself or die trying.”
– “Express yourself fully and openly. Whatever I do is an expression of me.”
– “When you start being yourself, money is the easiest thing in the world! You stop worrying and it just comes.”
Fulfillment (4 things that matter):
- Be the pure expression of yourself (to find your passion ask yourself: what’s an expression of me?)
- Give your all (don’t hold back)
- Put it out to the world (the world will give you so much!)
- Let go of outcome (focus on your effort, who you become)
– “The prize is who you become in the process, and you only get that by doing.”
– “Read James Altucher’s blog. It will change your life.”
– “Entrepreneurship is an expression of you. Find your 1 thing!“